A few weeks ago my friend Amy mentioned that the first Rhody Yarn Crawl would be taking place this weekend. I am a lover of knitting but am still fairly new to it. I also am relatively new to the New England area and have only visited a few local yarn stores around Providence. This seemed a perfect opportunity to get around to many stores in our great Rhode Island state. Armed with Amy's well planned and plotted itinerary we, and our friend Hilary, took off for a fun day of yarn drooling. We were pleasantly surprised by many stores. There are 15 stores around the state participating. Today we conquered the following eight in the lower RI area:
Manmade by Jonne - Warwick, RI
Unwind - East Greenwich, RI
The Mermaid's Purl - North Kingstown, RI
Eneri Knits - Exeter, RI
Knitwits - Westerly, RI
Knit One, Purl Too! - Wakefield, RI
Knitting Needles - Newport, RI
Kitting Corner - Middletown, RI
Hands down the best store of the day goes to Knitwits way down in Westerly. The ladies here went above and beyond with pleasantness, helpfulness and a wonderfully stocked store of fun & funky yarns. Both women running the store practically swelled with a true love of yarn and knitting. Lovely, lovely atmosphere. We all purchased wonderful projects and will be back down soon!
Runner up goes to Unwind. They win the "holy crap, I save how much?" award of the day. Both Amy and I scored on an overstock of Cascade Yarns. A skein typically runs $13.95. They had it marked down to $4!! Total savings you ask? $89.55! You just can't beat that! Everyone in the store was extremely helpful and nice. Gorgeous yarn selection :)
And now it is time for the photo montage of a perfectly wonderful day :)







Hmm...there seems to be a shop review missing O:)
ReplyDeleteOMG...I'm so jealous! Wow, I'm definitely going to find my way down to KnitWits...oh, and the sale at Unwind....geesh, fabulous!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe I missed the crawl but I'm going to plan my own one-woman crawl soon!
Thanks for sharing all the deets!
xoxo Beth