Monday, March 1, 2010

Exciting News!!

Hello all!  I had many exciting things happen this weekend surrounding Millie and Hazel:

  1. One of my bears was chosen by the Etsy staff to be part of a feature on the front page of the website!!  This is HUGE and I feel so lucky that I was noticed after such a short time on the site!!  It was up from 8pm to 10pm last night (2/28).  Unfortunatley, I didn't hear about it till it was gone but you can still see it on the Etsy sister site "Craft Cult":  http://www.craftcult.com/vault_list.php?list=9358&userid=9081027&fm=&esn=&m=3&d=1&st=1&pagenum=2&ls=9363
  2. Thanks to a friend's recommendation I have my first retail location to sell my bears!!  A super cute flower shop, Rivers Edge Flowers in Pawtuxet Village, that also sells locally made artist goods, has agreed to carry 5-6 bears to see how it goes!!  : http://www.riversedgeflowers.com/main.html
  3. Today I was contacted by the person that is coordinating the Providence Art Festival which will take place this June on Wickenden Street - Downcity.  She saw my stuff on Etsy, loves it and wants me to apply for the juried show!!  http://www.indowncity.com/news
My head is swimming!!  The response  has been fantastic :)  Sorry if I'm gushing...I'm basically in shock right now.

2 comments:

  1. omg. Rivers Edge Flowers is my cousin Nikki!!! crazy little world we live in!! Hopefully I'll see you at the Providence art fest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way!! How funny! My friend Elyse is friends with her and recommended getting in touch. I'll meet Nikki for the first time this Saturday! :)

    ReplyDelete